Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's me again. Obviously.

Okay, I know I just posted two hours ago, but I'm still bored. I have homework, but I'm putting it off, I could call home, but I'm afraid I'll sound depressed. I can't even work up my kinda-fake smile.

Normally when I see people, just in passing, I smile at them when we make eyecontact. Just for a few seconds, then I go back to my neutral face. Yesterday I did that to Kevin at Fellowship. He's nice, and kinda cute in an untraditional way. Anyway, he was standing with a group of people talking and we saw each other and I smiled. Then I let the smile drop. He saw it and made a face, like he was asking why I'd stopped smiling. This was the first time anyone ever acknowledged seeing the immediate change. It made me embarrassed that he'd seen and worried he might have thought it was because I didn't like him, but it made me feel good that he took notice and cared enough to question it.

I went to get dinner and had my head down the whole time. I didn't smile at the servers like I usually do, and I was just unenthusiastic. I sat alone, like always, and didn't eat the desert I'd gotten. It was cherry cheesecake. When I saw the cheesecake I thought, 'Aww. It's like little cheesecakes.' Then I went on to think, the only reason I wasn't speaking out loud was because there were people around me, that if I weren't feeling so down I would be making embarrassing noises of excitement about it. Which I would have.

So now, I suppose I should give in and do my homework. That's it for now, thanks for reading, and until next time, take care!~

No comments: